PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES DUE TO COVID-19. This policy will be revisited on June 1, 2021
Internship Opportunities for College Students
Whether your college major is a criminal justice or corrections-related field, law,
psychology, social work, education, liberal arts, or business, Ottawa County Juvenile Court may have an internship opportunity for you.
- Accompanying and/or assisting probation officers on field contacts with delinquent youth;
- Performing telephone and computer inquiries to support probation officers in
obtaining background information and following up on existing juvenile court
- Assisting probation officers with administering risk assessments and/or other
- Assisting probation officers with conducting drug tests and with installing
electronic monitoring devices; and
- Assisting with the preparation, maintenance, and safeguarding of Court records
and in maintaining the confidentiality of all juvenile files.
- Assisting with the Specialized Dockets FACT, HOPE, and BASE Programs.
To express your interest, submit a resume and cover letter to:
Shanna Strouse, Court Administrator
Ottawa County Probate and Juvenile Court
315 Madison Street
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Phone: (419) 734-6830
Fax: (419) 732-8147
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org